On April 10th and 11th, the INSEEC Group organizes the 1st Symposium on Luxury with the support of the International University of Monaco and the Journal of Business Research. This congress will bring together the international research community on luxury for two days of reflection and discussion on the challenges and trends of the luxury industry.
Gathered around Professor Jean-Louis Chandon, director of the INSEEC Research laboratory, more than 40 researchers from 15 countries will share their latest works in the field of luxury, leaning on the necessary balance between tradition and innovation.
After a call for papers that attracted 67 papers and a double-blind evaluation, 36 papers have been selected and will be presented on this occasion. A second selection will be the best articles published in a special issue of the Journal of Business Research.
These two days will combine academic sessions and professional round-tables conferences addressing topics of current research:
>> Academic topics:
- counterfeiting, rarity and brand perception
- the pricing of luxury goods
- art and wine in the luxury sector
- cultural differences and local distribution
- brand differentiation: brand personality and rivalry
- the priority research themes in the coming years (Round-table #1, Thursday, April 10)
>> Professional topics:
- digitalization of the luxury sector
- sustainability of brands and retail, with the presence of Italian luxury brands (Round-table #2, Friday, 11 April)
- challenges in luxury services and luxury hotels (Round-table #3 Friday, 11 April)
Several executive managers will also expose their issues and the strategic positioning the developed to face the challenges of international brand recognition, brands retailization and digitizing, or face human challenges of excellence « services ».
Among these represented brands: LVMH Fragrance Brands, Bain & Cie, Fondazione Altagamma, Monte Carlo SBM, Quintessentially, Vhernier, Fairmonts Hotels, La Perla, Baglioni Hotels, Elie Saab, Frost & Sullivan, Luxury Attitude. Alain Lorenzo, President and CEO of LVMH Fragrance Brands, will close the symposium.
To illustrate the link between luxury, tradition and excellence craftsmanship, an exhibition on the Monegasque expertise in the fields of luxury will be held during the two-day congress and some Meilleurs Ouvriers de France will present their expertise through demonstrations.
Location: the Symposium will take place at Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hôtel, 22 Avenue Princesse Grace, 98000 Monaco
More information on monaco-symposium-on-luxury.com